reflecting as my birthday approaches

I have been banded since September and have done pretty well. I have my ups and downs like everyone else. I still have some more weight to loose before goal. BUT, my birthday is next week and I am turning 35 (eeeek!). I was just reflecting on what a different birthday this will be. I can't describe how FREEING it will be to have a birthday (or christmas or thanksgiving or whatever) where I am not just sick about the way that I look. I am sad as I think of the wasted moments obsessing about what or even being able to find something to wear - avoiding looking in the mirror or ducking out of family photos at the last minute. It is amazing what a difference just a little bit of weight loss will make. Yesterday, I went to the store to find warm weather clothing and actually fit into a size 14. I haven't done that since high school. (I was a size 20 when I started) So, for those of you struggling - stick with it - It has been SO worth it. Like has been said before many times on this forum, I wish I would have been banded years ago.

CHEERS! Here's to a NEW start....for all of us! =D>

First of all Happy Birthday!

Congrats on your success and it made my day to read your response. The band is a gift that we have given ourselves, and sometimes we’re the last ones to take the time to give back (to ourselves). And it’s kind of sad since it’s an amazing gift that benefits our families so much as well! In our happiness and health improvements!

Here’s to you’re best birthday ever – and for many, many more in your new sexy healthy size 14, most likely will be a size 10 before you know it! You'll never miss out in anything again! Life is just so much better banded!

Best,

Lisa

Happy early birthday! And congrats on your success thus far - you have done great!