Slipped/Aggravated Band and Pregnant? Help

Hi everyone! I havent posted on here in a LONG time! I am now 30 weeks pregnant and ready to have my baby so that I can finish losing my weight! On another note, I ate some chinese food today and it got stuck and I did PB. A few hours later i went to have a snack of cheese and crackers, I ate 2 and that got stuck and I was sliming. I tried to eat a chip and I pbed... (not a very good food day aside from my oatmeal and fruit this AM).

Anyway I am paranoid that my band is slipped...or do you think its just reallly aggravated? Im not really sure what Im supposed to do. Ive had things stuck before, the discomfort lasts for 3-10 minutes and its over, but this has been going on since about 2pm.

I guess Ill stick with liquids for a few days... Any advice would help. I really hope my band hasnt slipped. :o

I am thinking you are probably just irritated, but then again I am not a medical professional. Do you still have much fill in your band?

I am looking at going to Honduras later this year and was worried about getting sick there as some people in our group did last time. My fill guy said that unless I really have some major gut wrenching vomiting and such that I will not be in danger of my band slipping because it as been long enough that my band should be well secured with scar tissue.

Maybe you should go on liquids for at least 24 hours and then try mushy foods for 24 hours and then soft foods for another 24. Just focus on getting enough nutrition for the baby and if you have problems moving to mushy foods like the oatmeal and mashed potatoes, I would get into the doctor immediately and find out the problem.

I think its swelling as well; also did you remove all the fluid from your band during your pregnancy?

I also recommend you stick to liquids for at least 24 hours to get the swelling down, but let your doc know so they can help with your diet. I’m a little bit worried about the wee one you’re carrying right now. And want to make sure both Mommy and baby stay safe!

Hi Mackenzie!

Welcome back!! I think we were banded around the same time last year (Feb '08). How exciting for you to have a baby on the way. I hope you are well and get some relief from the 'sticky' band. It is frustrating when we can't even get good food down. Please take care and come back and post more often.