Incisions...how long before we can use Vitamin E?

All of these questions are popping into my head now that I am home. :angry: Of course I forgot to ask while I was down there.

How long before we can put aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil, scarguard etc. on our incisions? I am assuming we can't put anything on them until after the glue has disolved. Any input would be great.

All of these questions are popping into my head now that I am home. :angry: Of course I forgot to ask while I was down there.

How long before we can put aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil, scarguard etc. on our incisions? I am assuming we can't put anything on them until after the glue has disolved. Any input would be great.

Hi...I never put Vitamin E on my incisions...maybe I should have now. I actually just had spine surgery in my neck and have a 6 inch long scar on my neck. My neurosurgeon stated that as soon as the majority of scab had healed to immediately take a vit E capsule..prick it with a needle and rub it on there. He stated that it would help the scar and encourage it to heal faster. I began doing this about 3 weeks after my surgery and WOW...what a huge difference it has made..the massaging of the E oil into it has also encouraged better healing from stimulating blood flow.

So that would be my advice. Or just call the OCC.

Hi...I never put Vitamin E on my incisions...maybe I should have now. I actually just had spine surgery in my neck and have a 6 inch long scar on my neck. My neurosurgeon stated that as soon as the majority of scab had healed to immediately take a vit E capsule..prick it with a needle and rub it on there. He stated that it would help the scar and encourage it to heal faster. I began doing this about 3 weeks after my surgery and WOW...what a huge difference it has made..the massaging of the E oil into it has also encouraged better healing from stimulating blood flow.

So that would be my advice. Or just call the OCC.

Interesting...I had a plastic surgeon and a G.P advise me Not use Vitamin E or Polysporin as they both promote scaring. They both recommended any lanolin based product.

VITAMIN E oil is AWESOME!!!

I had thyroid cancer the end of 2006 and had a yucky/nasty incision on my neck, and now because I used the E oil, people don't even realize I have the scar until I point it out & you have to look really really close to see it.

Infact, I have used the E oil on all my incision sites and they look great.

VITAMIN E oil is AWESOME!!!

I had thyroid cancer the end of 2006 and had a yucky/nasty incision on my neck, and now because I used the E oil, people don't even realize I have the scar until I point it out & you have to look really really close to see it.

Infact, I have used the E oil on all my incision sites and they look great.

Well, I am THRILLED to read that. I have a 6 inch scar on my throat that looks like I was attacked at a damn truck stop and already I have noticed from using Vitamin E oil daily, it is less red and is actually starting to become the color of my regular skin.

I had never heard that Vitamin E was bad. Actually, Vitamin E is used in tons of skin creams for anti-aging benefits, used as an antioxidant (maybe that is why I look 27? ;) ) and for forms of psoriasis. My neurosurgeon Dr. P. Mummaneni at University of Cal-San Francisco is one of the top in his field (yes, I flew from Seattle to ONLY have him reconstruct my neck - he is that good), so for him to tell me to prick a capsule and rub the oil on my scar..I do it. I have seen a huge difference that is for sure. I can't imagine it would not benefit our tummy scars as well.