Pre-op diet Day 1...head hunger or physical?

:unsure: Well, today is the first day of my pre-op diet and my surgery is 5 weeks away...yikes! I hope I am doing this right. I am drinking a little coffee(gotta have my coffee, starbuck or other), with sugar free flavor, a muscle milk chocolate drink for breakfast, lean cuisine for lunch, and a muscle milk drink for dinner. Plus all the veggies I want. yummy...lol

I wasn't told about fruit? Can I have strawberries-unsweetened? Bananas?

Anyway, if anyone has some input, please give me some tips or advice on this. I am not craving any other food so far. I know my body needs to adjust to this. If I could just drop alot of water weight from my lymphedema swelling, I should be good to go!

Thanks,

Judy

hey Judy

i know its not easy and its not gonna get easier as time goes on. I started tryin to lose some of this access baggage b4 i go see the dr and when i make dinner for my family all the yummy smells i wanna dive right into the pan lol. but thats not possible and certainly not what i wanna do. lol.. i have cut out all breads, rice, and pasta foods, all sugars except natural ones for example the ones in fruits, i do eat alot of fruit, and lots of veggies, i drink only water now i have completely cut out sodas and other drinks and so far i have lost 9 lbs in the last 2 days. i started on the 15th at a weight of 338 lbs and im now down to 329 lbs..just keep it in your mind that your doing this to better your life and its not gonna be easy but stick to it and youll do fine...i have confidence in ya. ill be prayin for ya Kim

hey Judy

i know its not easy and its not gonna get easier as time goes on. I started tryin to lose some of this access baggage b4 i go see the dr and when i make dinner for my family all the yummy smells i wanna dive right into the pan lol. but thats not possible and certainly not what i wanna do. lol.. i have cut out all breads, rice, and pasta foods, all sugars except natural ones for example the ones in fruits, i do eat alot of fruit, and lots of veggies, i drink only water now i have completely cut out sodas and other drinks and so far i have lost 9 lbs in the last 2 days. i started on the 15th at a weight of 338 lbs and im now down to 329 lbs..just keep it in your mind that your doing this to better your life and its not gonna be easy but stick to it and youll do fine...i have confidence in ya. ill be prayin for ya Kim

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the boost! I really need it. I have cut out sugars and now am going to give up my diet coke w/lime. I will be able to do it if I just get some diet juices. Wow! 9 lbs in 2 days? How did you do that? I am not a big water drinker, but need to start. I started at 375, but won't weight myself until the weekend. Dr. Miranda wants me to lose as close to 36lbs as possible in the next 5 weeks. Not fair! What kind of fruits can I eat? Can I have SF vanilla ice cream with unsweetened strawberries? I can't handle the strawberries alone. The veggies so far that I have tried to snack on at work are cukes and carrots...yuck! The cukes I can probably handle here and there, and I love carrots, but not raw. I need to steam them or something. Not much to choose from since alot aren't in season and/or are very expensive still. I love cantaloupes and watermelon, but still pretty spendy.

If you have any suggestions for me, please feel free to give them. :)

Thanks Kim,

Judy

watermelon .....always a good thing ....exactly that nothing but water...very good for you. i eat granny smith apples and i love my bananas. i just make sure i portion myself a banana here and a apple later in the day or something like that. reason i lost so much in a couple of days is bc i cut soda out and all other sugars, and all carbs. i didnt do it slow just jumped right in...i can lose weight very easily just cant keep it off ..once i eat a normal meal after losing i start going right back up. so im gonna lose as much as i can til i get the procedure done then i know my weight will stay off for good..thank god. im so looking forward to it. my biggest thing is i try different things and i weigh myself the next day. if i lose then i know im fine with it. if i dont lose or i gain i cut out what i ate the day b4. good luck to ya and keep your head up. we can do this

watermelon .....always a good thing ....exactly that nothing but water...very good for you. i eat granny smith apples and i love my bananas. i just make sure i portion myself a banana here and a apple later in the day or something like that. reason i lost so much in a couple of days is bc i cut soda out and all other sugars, and all carbs. i didnt do it slow just jumped right in...i can lose weight very easily just cant keep it off ..once i eat a normal meal after losing i start going right back up. so im gonna lose as much as i can til i get the procedure done then i know my weight will stay off for good..thank god. im so looking forward to it. my biggest thing is i try different things and i weigh myself the next day. if i lose then i know im fine with it. if i dont lose or i gain i cut out what i ate the day b4. good luck to ya and keep your head up. we can do this

You go girlfriend! LOL You are an inspiration. Are you drinking the protein shakes too? I was afraid of eating certain fruits because some of them turn to sugar in your body, but maybe it's the good kind? I know we or you for sure can do this. ;)

Thanks,

Judy

nope ive not been doing protein shakes. just doing exactly what ive told ya drinking lots of water, no carbs, no sugars, lol basically no nothing except for some meats, veggies and fruits and im now down 11 lbs. and yes WE can do this just keep your head held high and you can do it....be like the lil train that could and say ....i know i can i know i can i know i can istead of i think i can. we all got the will power we just gotta dig it out of the back of the closet.

nope ive not been doing protein shakes. just doing exactly what ive told ya drinking lots of water, no carbs, no sugars, lol basically no nothing except for some meats, veggies and fruits and im now down 11 lbs. and yes WE can do this just keep your head held high and you can do it....be like the lil train that could and say ....i know i can i know i can i know i can istead of i think i can. we all got the will power we just gotta dig it out of the back of the closet.

=D> Yay for me! I weighed myself out of curiosity yesterday and lost 7lbs.! woohoo! This is working so far. ;) No sugars, no soda, protein shakes, lean cuisine, veggies and fruit, and of course, lots of water and juice.

omg girl thats awesome....way to go see i told ya you could do it....7lbs gone for good. gotta love that feeling when you see the big old number on the scales not there anymore...best rush ever...well i think lol. im down 13lbs now. starting to slow and only losing a lb a day bc my body has gotten used to not having the soda and other stuff i think but thats ok ill take a lb a day its still comin off and not going back on so thats all that matters to me. :D im so proud of ya judy keep up the good work.

omg girl thats awesome....way to go see i told ya you could do it....7lbs gone for good. gotta love that feeling when you see the big old number on the scales not there anymore...best rush ever...well i think lol. im down 13lbs now. starting to slow and only losing a lb a day bc my body has gotten used to not having the soda and other stuff i think but thats ok ill take a lb a day its still comin off and not going back on so thats all that matters to me. :D im so proud of ya judy keep up the good work.

Thanks Kim. It's so nice to know that I have uplifting support. ;) I have been having serious hunger problems the last couple days and starting to make myself thing, "if it's not sugar or soda, it's ok to have a little". Last night I did that and had three frito scoops dipped in nacho cheese. :( I am drinking alot more water though and trying to be good. I know I am good but not eating sugar or pop anymore. I got more fruits and veggies, but I also got some organic healthy granola to snack on. Also, some dry cheerios. That's not a good thing right? I shouldn't think it's healthy just because it says so, right? The granola has flax seed and omega 3 and 6 oils in it, but I think it is still a bad food for me to eat. It is very low in sugar and has pumpkin seeds in it. I should just hunker down and get some metamucil capsules or the chromium picolinate capsules to satisfy my hunger pangs like the paperwork said. Dr. Miranda never mentioned that I could take those for the extra hunger.

Congrats on your weight loss too! That is so great! I hope by this time next week, I will be there too.

i hope by this time next week you are down this far too...and im not sure about the whole granola and cheerios thing...i know cheerios is supposed to be good for you and help lower cholesterol. i know how hard it is not to have a support team while trying to lose weight so thats why i try to be there for those who need the support.

i hope by this time next week you are down this far too...and im not sure about the whole granola and cheerios thing...i know cheerios is supposed to be good for you and help lower cholesterol. i know how hard it is not to have a support team while trying to lose weight so thats why i try to be there for those who need the support.

Yeah, I hear that. It has been tough with little support on my end, but I have actually gotten used to the diet now. I am so happy to have the uplifting support from you. :) It helps alot and keeps me in going.

Well, I am happy to let you know that after weighing myself this morning 3 times(don't trust my scale), I have lost 15 lbs. Woohoo! I gave up on the granola because it does have sugar in it, but have munched on dry cheerios here and there. The weekend was a bit rough, but I survived as long as I snacked on fruit or drank alot of water. My brother had me taste a chicken eggroll and after just one nasty bite, it wasn't too long after that I ended up in the bathroom...lol My tummy was shocked at that nasty, greasy food.

Thanks again my friend ;)

Judy

yep i hear ya on the greasy foods and stuff that your bodys not used to anymore. i had a few bites of popcorn with some flavoring on it and i thought i was gonna end up in the bathroom...i didnt thank god but it was the weirdest feeling ever....it was like my body was rejecting certain foods now even the smell of certain things just make me sick to my stomach. my weight loss started to slow a lil bit at 11 lbs i was stuck so i went back to eating a normal balance for a couple of days and now im back on it and down to 17 lb weight loss....im so happy to hear you are down 15lbs.....go Judy!!!!! =D> thats so awesome. keep up the good work...sorry ive not been on here in a lil while ive been packing we are moving from NY to SC....warmer weather hear i come whooo hoooo ....lol i cant wait to be near the beach lol. not too sure ill miss all the snow we get here either and surely will not miss the cold weather.

yep i hear ya on the greasy foods and stuff that your bodys not used to anymore. i had a few bites of popcorn with some flavoring on it and i thought i was gonna end up in the bathroom...i didnt thank god but it was the weirdest feeling ever....it was like my body was rejecting certain foods now even the smell of certain things just make me sick to my stomach. my weight loss started to slow a lil bit at 11 lbs i was stuck so i went back to eating a normal balance for a couple of days and now im back on it and down to 17 lb weight loss....im so happy to hear you are down 15lbs.....go Judy!!!!! =D> thats so awesome. keep up the good work...sorry ive not been on here in a lil while ive been packing we are moving from NY to SC....warmer weather hear i come whooo hoooo ....lol i cant wait to be near the beach lol. not too sure ill miss all the snow we get here either and surely will not miss the cold weather.

Wow...that's great to hear you are escaping the cold weather. I rather like it since I swell easily in hot weather. Of course, where I live, we have such a mixture that I would love to move to Alaska...lol

Thanks for the praise on the weight loss. It has been so rough this week. I have eaten a little different food, but still healthy of course. Unfortunately it slowed me down with the steady weight loss, but I am also down 17 also.

Congrats on your 17 loss also! That is great! =D> GregNE wrote a reply to another post I wrote about being bummed since I have to lose so much before surgery. He couldn't understand why so much. It should be only 5%. I agree and I have no idea why I have to lose so much. But got a good start anyways.

Take care and good luck with the move. I will be looking for ya and thinking about ya too! ;)

Peace,

Judy

yea im not sure why they want ya to lose more than the 5% either its something youd have to ask them unless they did some calculating wrong lol...which could happen but anyway losin more than the 5% is a good start and gets ya there that much quicker and your doin such a good job too....just keep up the hard work itll all be so worth it in the end.

yea im not sure why they want ya to lose more than the 5% either its something youd have to ask them unless they did some calculating wrong lol...which could happen but anyway losin more than the 5% is a good start and gets ya there that much quicker and your doin such a good job too....just keep up the hard work itll all be so worth it in the end.

Could it be body shape and the way a person loses weight or where they carry it? My friend reminded me of that. Makes sense, but still not fair...lol Of course, they have never seen me before...lol

Don't worry. With the support I am getting from you and my friend, I am not letting go. I am keeping with it. I went to Costco today and got the EAS powder for lower calorie shakes and some red grapefruit cups, mixed veggies, and some healthly choice fudge bars. I am still serious, but getting more variety and reading labels. ;):)

Thanks again my friend,

Judy

im not sure about the different body types but i know the heavier you are the easier it is for the weight to come off...or so one of my dr.s said so lol. but i do know mine comes off pretty quickly and easily once i start its just keeping it off once im there and then i usually gain that back and some ...not good... better variety is a good thing on the foods and sounds like your making some pretty good choices and reading labels is a very good thing... i guess if we all read labels through our lives wed not be like this...but heres to makin bad choices and tryin to correct them and make them good choices.... :D