Our scales vs. Their scales

:huh: Ok...So as some of you may have read some of my posts already, I am supposed to lose as close to 36lbs as possible before surgery. I am doing very well so far, but have slowed down. I have lost 18.

Now, I read somewhere that their scale read differently than one that someone had at home and the weight loss was not as much as the person had said it was because the scale at OCC was different.

So, is this true that their scale might read totally different than what our scales at home read? Could be good or bad depending on the difference in scales I would think.

What has any of you experienced scale and weight wise between what you know as weight loss and what their scale showed?

Thanks for any replies that would explain.

Peace,

Judy

:huh: Ok...So as some of you may have read some of my posts already, I am supposed to lose as close to 36lbs as possible before surgery. I am doing very well so far, but have slowed down. I have lost 18.

Now, I read somewhere that their scale read differently than one that someone had at home and the weight loss was not as much as the person had said it was because the scale at OCC was different.

So, is this true that their scale might read totally different than what our scales at home read? Could be good or bad depending on the difference in scales I would think.

What has any of you experienced scale and weight wise between what you know as weight loss and what their scale showed?

Thanks for any replies that would explain.

Peace,

Judy

Judy,

You are on track for success. Only rely on your scale. You can't do better than that. Make sure it is calibrated per instructions that came with it and keep making it happen.

You are an inspiration to us all! Congratulations on your continued loss and your decision to enter the lap band lifestyle!

Judy,

You are on track for success. Only rely on your scale. You can't do better than that. Make sure it is calibrated per instructions that came with it and keep making it happen.

You are an inspiration to us all! Congratulations on your continued loss and your decision to enter the lap band lifestyle!

Thanks so much Kevin. I figured that is all I can do, but don't want to be scolded when I get there if their scale shows less weight loss. But, you are right. I can only rely on my scale, which right now is showing me I am doing well. ;)

Super Congrats to you also for your weight loss! That is awesome! =D>

I don't intend on slipping back to my old eating habits, keep pushing on to keep losing. Thanks to all the support I have had on this forum. It means alot to me and helps to keep my mind and eyes focused on the prize...a better, healthier life!

Take care,

Judy

• 1 year later...

I was worried, too, and when I weighed, I weighed 4 pounds LESS than my home scale. (I have the glass weight watcher's scale.) Just depends on your scale.