Testimonials

Ok OCC Bandsters... as you can see we have a new section called Testimonials... I'd love to people posting their successes and experiences with OCC and Dr. Ortiz so we can help other patients find their way to him.

We also have a testimonial submissions section on our website at OCC Testimonial Submission

We would like to see our patients reach out and help others in need to find their way to Lap Band surgery with Dr. Ortiz, so please post your testimonial on other Lap Band sites like www.lapbandtalk.com or post your before and after's at Obesity Help before & after photo's or anywhere else you can think of to reach out and help others!

If you have any questions - just let me know :) ><'

Hi,

I was banded on March 22, 2007. The whole experience at the OCC was great. I couldn't have had better care, everyone was so nice and concerned about my well being. The surgery was a piece of cake, A little discomfort but no pain. At the mall 3 days post op. Back to work 4 days after surgery. Had my first fill on May 5th and am not feeling alot of restriction. Emailed Rene and he told me to come back asap and they would put a little more in. Am headed back this Sat. I couldn't be happier with my band. I finally am on my way to a healthier me. Having this surgery was the best decision I ever made. Dr Ortiz and his staff are the best!

Marsha

I'de have to agree. Banded on March 22,2007. Great experience,no problems. Lost 10 pounds on the pre op diet and 18 since surgery. Haven't had a fill yet, but seem to be losing between 1-3 pounds weekly. Glad I did it.

Marsene

Hi Marsene,

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep in touch.

Marsha

Ok OCC Bandsters... as you can see we have a new section called Testimonials... I'd love to people posting their successes and experiences with OCC and Dr. Ortiz so we can help other patients find their way to him.

We also have a testimonial submissions section on our website at OCC Testimonial Submission

We would like to see our patients reach out and help others in need to find their way to Lap Band surgery with Dr. Ortiz, so please post your testimonial on other Lap Band sites like www.lapbandtalk.com or post your before and after's at Obesity Help before & after photo's or anywhere else you can think of to reach out and help others!

If you have any questions - just let me know :) ><'

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I was banded on 6/29/07 and must say the whole experience was awesome. The entire staff at OCC was personable, caring and above all extremely professional. The staff at the Lucerna was equally as great! I can not say anything bad about any part of my experience. The surgery was a breeze, my husband said I was back in about 30 minutes. I would do it all again tomorrow and highly recommend the OCC to anyone considering going out of the country for the procedure. I am looking forward to my new start.

Coco :-h

I was banded in January 4, 2007. I lost weight quicker in the beginning, 25 pounds total so far. I am at a plateau. I am going for my 3rd fill next Saturday. What a difference 25 pounds has made. I'd like to lose 10 more pounds then lose the last 10 at my pace.

The whole experiece was awesome!!!!

Audree

I know it seems like we all just keep repeating the same thing, but the staff at OCC have got to be the best in the world. The facility was nicer than anyplace I have been in the states and the staff was so much more caring than most of the medical personnel here. I researched for a year before deciding to have the surgery, my biggest regret - I researched for a year before having the surgery, but I couldn't have done it any other way. Right now I'm 7 1/2 months post op I'm down 77 lbs. from my pre op weight and 92 lbs. down from the weight I was at when I made the decision. My husband is thrilled - the man who always told me I look fine, just a little chubby - I kept asking him if he realized that I was not "chubby" I was morbidly obese. He was being kind, but believe me he is thrilled with the change. I drive people crazy and have loaned out my copy of Lap Band for Life to several people who are thinking about it and tell anyone who will listen how great the experience was in Tijuana.

ADDITIONAL NOTE (9/11/2007): I am now almost 9 1/2 months post op - I have hit my goal weight of 150 lbs. and I am totally thrilled. I've a a few issues with fills here in Florida, but even with that I would do the whole thing again in a heartbeat. I've lost a total of 105 lbs. from my starting weight and have gone from a size 22 to a size 8 (comfortably). I haven't shopped since I hit my goal and I actually think I could wear a 6 as some of my 8's are a little loose. I feel like a new person. This was truly the best decision I ever made.

CORRECTION: I BOUGHT MY FIRST PAIR OF SIZE 6 JEANS AND THEY FIT GREAT (not that 10 lbs. of s*** in a 5 lb. bag look - you know the one I mean)

• 1 month later...

I was banded on June 6, 2007 by Dr. Ortiz. So far, I have lost 35 pounds. I don't really feel hungry unless I don't eat all day, which is common because I am a school teacher and don't have time to get in my meals and snacks everyday. I usually drink a SlimFast for breakfast and have a yogurt for lunch, then yogurt and soup for dinner. I am doing the Leslie Sansone Express walking tape daily. I am trying so hard to lose the 100 lbs I need to lose. I have had 1 fill so far.

Beginning weight-230

Current weight-195

Goal weight-130