My surgery is Sept 3 and I am scared to death!

I made the decision to be banded just a few short months ago. My surgery is Monday, Sept. 3 and I am scared to death. I am having issues with my pre-op diet Dr. Miranda gave me. I am so hungry right now. I worry that if I struggle with this, how can I do the band? I have 3 kids that I have to cook for which is also hard! Does anyone have any advice? I am worried about EVERYTHING! Mexico, the money, PBing, emotional eating, having something on my stomach, etc. I guess I am having a panic attack. Ha! :) To make it worse I am not sure how to navigate around this forum to well! :)

Is anyone out there having surgery on 9-3-07? I sure could use some support and friends in this journey!

Thanks in advance!

Calli

I made the decision to be banded just a few short months ago. My surgery is Monday, Sept. 3 and I am scared to death. I am having issues with my pre-op diet Dr. Miranda gave me. I am so hungry right now. I worry that if I struggle with this, how can I do the band? I have 3 kids that I have to cook for which is also hard! Does anyone have any advice? I am worried about EVERYTHING! Mexico, the money, PBing, emotional eating, having something on my stomach, etc. I guess I am having a panic attack. Ha! :) To make it worse I am not sure how to navigate around this forum to well! :)

Is anyone out there having surgery on 9-3-07? I sure could use some support and friends in this journey!

Thanks in advance!

Calli

HEHEHE CALLI, WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE, EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED. RELAX, THE SURGERY IS REALLY A BREEZE. HAVING THE SURGERY IN MX WAS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I'VE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF AND I'D GO BACK THERE AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT :)

Take a DEEEEEEEEEP Breath and RELAX! Just like Pammie said, we ALL go through this! You are having COMPLETELY NORMAL FEELINGS, and when it's all over, and the weight starts dropping, you'll look back and say, "How silly was that????" LOL We've all been there!

Donna

Thanks in advance!

Calli

We all go through this, but when you get used to being banded and see the results, OMG, it becomes your best buddy!! LOL

Thanks in advance!

Calli

I was the same way...really scared but Becky pulled me through it and everyone at OCC was wonderful. It was a breeze and I was worried about nothing. I've done great with my band and now laugh at how nervous and scared I was. Take care. You'll be fine!

Twigs

[HI ,

I was just banded 7-25. I got cold feet.. even right before they gave me anestisia. I was nervous about being cut open and about this forgein THING in me. well I am almost 6 weeks out and getting filled this sat.. it is a transition but not as bad as i thought as far as food goes. I have a 10 year old here and my hubby but if anything they have changed THEIR food and eat styles. I only lost 10 lbs so far.. but thats without restriction.. so im happy. I understand your fear.. i just came out of it.. but think of the greaaaaaaaaaaat body you will have.. the healthier lifestyle for your kids. and how much emotionally losing the weight is going to make you feel.i think its normal to freak out now. But remember it is a tool to help you not hurt you.

about navigating here.. ALl i need to know is the SEARCH button on the right hand corner and search keywords for past posts. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK

Thank you everyone for responding. I panic over everything but it usually sets in after I did it, after I bought that car, house, etc!. Ha! This time it is before and I keep trying to find reasons not to go through with it. I am glad to hear I am normal because sometimes I wonder why I freak out about this! :) It is so good to have others around you guiding you through. Thank you. I am hoping to make some great bonds and friendships through this as well. :)

I am leaving on the 1st to take the kids to grandma's house near San Diego. My husband and I will then arrive on the 2nd for surgery on the 3rd. I asked Carolyn yesterday about my pre-ops on Sunday. She said I will have my pre-ops on the 3rd right before my surgery. Is this cool?? I had a blood clot in my arm last year after having a hysterecomy so I have concern about being checked out well. Any thoughts?

Calli

Thank you everyone for responding. I panic over everything but it usually sets in after I did it, after I bought that car, house, etc!. Ha! This time it is before and I keep trying to find reasons not to go through with it. I am glad to hear I am normal because sometimes I wonder why I freak out about this! :) It is so good to have others around you guiding you through. Thank you. I am hoping to make some great bonds and friendships through this as well. :)

I am leaving on the 1st to take the kids to grandma's house near San Diego. My husband and I will then arrive on the 2nd for surgery on the 3rd. I asked Carolyn yesterday about my pre-ops on Sunday. She said I will have my pre-ops on the 3rd right before my surgery. Is this cool?? I had a blood clot in my arm last year after having a hysterecomy so I have concern about being checked out well. Any thoughts?

Calli

THE MORNING OF SURGERY CALLI, I STOOD IN THE DOOR WAY, ON MY CELL, BOUNCED BETWEEN MY FRIEND SANDY'S ROOM AND MY ROOM. THE NURSES KEPT SAYING, GET IN YOUR BED, I SAID NO, LOL IF I'M NOT GOING IN SOON, I'M GOING TO GO SMOKE. (of course i was in next lol another gal went first, it was her birthday :)) I WAS BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS, MORE THEN HYPER. WITHIN AN HOUR AFTER SURGERY I WAS IN THE LOBBY TALKING WITH THE NEXT DAYS PATIENTS. EASY STUFF

IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS. PLEASE TALK WITH THE DR AND NURSES. LET THEM KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME.

YOU'RE GOING TO DO GREAT :)

THE MORNING OF SURGERY CALLI, I STOOD IN THE DOOR WAY, ON MY CELL, BOUNCED BETWEEN MY FRIEND SANDY'S ROOM AND MY ROOM. THE NURSES KEPT SAYING, GET IN YOUR BED, I SAID NO, LOL IF I'M NOT GOING IN SOON, I'M GOING TO GO SMOKE. (of course i was in next lol another gal went first, it was her birthday :)) I WAS BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS, MORE THEN HYPER. WITHIN AN HOUR AFTER SURGERY I WAS IN THE LOBBY TALKING WITH THE NEXT DAYS PATIENTS. EASY STUFF

IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS. PLEASE TALK WITH THE DR AND NURSES. LET THEM KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME.

YOU'RE GOING TO DO GREAT :)

Pammie-

Thank you for your support and your story! lol I really appreciate everyone here!