It still amazes me the fear of "Surgery in Mexico"

Hi There.

I'm getting banded on Feb 15th, and also live in WA State. Abouts where do you live? Where do you get your fill? I'd love to get a good referal from somone in my area.

Many thanks!

Peace,

Maggie

I go to the Arlington Pharmacy. It has been a good experience there. Good Luck on your banding! =D>

Hi There.

I'm getting banded on Feb 15th, and also live in WA State. Abouts where do you live? Where do you get your fill? I'd love to get a good referal from somone in my area.

Many thanks!

Peace,

Maggie

Maggie,

I was banded in August. I went to Dr. Neal in Olympia for the first fill. the 2nd one I went to Fill Center in Auburn with Dr. Fox (he has worked with Dr. Ortiz) and am scheduled to go back this coming Thursday. Thursdays are the only day they do fills for Fill Center patients. I have also heard good things about the place in Arlington and they also go to Port Orchard once a month I believe. Happy banding! :)

Clynn,

after reading your post about friend who had other type of band inserted with complications later, how does one know what type of band is placed inside when you get this done? do you get a box with serial number on it or something?

(sorry, I am pretty weird about this kinda stuff and I even though I Do trust the mexican doctors, I still wonder, how do you know what kind is put in?)

thanks

Thanks gals!

I'm so excited to get banded - the pre-op diet is a bit hard. I'm feeling nausous periodically from hunger. I hope it gets a ilttle easier. - I'm sure it will, but right now I'm not enjoying this very much. All for the greater good, right.

I live in Newcastle - Arlington, Auburn or Olympia are the contenders. I'll check Auburn out first - it's seems to be the closest. I may even pack up the family and get my first fill in Mexico - we'll enjoy Lego Land and the Zoo - pop into mexico for an afternoon to get a fill.

Peace,

Maggie

Clynn,

after reading your post about friend who had other type of band inserted with complications later, how does one know what type of band is placed inside when you get this done? do you get a box with serial number on it or something?

(sorry, I am pretty weird about this kinda stuff and I even though I Do trust the mexican doctors, I still wonder, how do you know what kind is put in?)

thanks

Dr Ortiz only uses Inamed bands, which is the name brand. You get a card with the serial number and the size of the band when you are discharged from the clinic.

Dr Ortiz only uses Inamed bands, which is the name brand. You get a card with the serial number and the size of the band when you are discharged from the clinic.

Dr Ortiz started using the Johnson & Johnson band around the end of Oct. 2008. I was banded Nov.5th with the J&J and they were no longer using the Inamed bands.

There are other things that can go wrong that are not emergencies- leaks, problems with tubing, etc. I know of a girl who developed a leak and was told to go back to TJ to get it fixed. These are valid concerns, and have nothing to do with the competence of any particular mexican doctor

Hi , This is Cassies mom. I had some girly surgery done after having 5 children. The doctor botched the job. I went to another doctor to fix it and he said no, you need to go to your orginal doctor. I even offered to pay. He still said no. They dont want to get go in and try and fix someone elses problems because they can be held responsible as well if something goes wrong and can not be fixed. So then you are blaming both doctors. Just some information. Jenn