Strong PB episode this morning and still bothered!

Hey, I had a REALLY bad PB episode this morning and refused to allow myself to throw up. I survived and knew I shouldn't probably eat anything for the rest of the day. Well, when I try to drink some water or even a protein shake, I still have some upset and burning in my throat and most of all still feel pressure when it goes slowly down. I understand that there is probably alot of irritation in my esophagus(since the food tried to come up), and my pouch is probably a bit swollen, but didn't think it would still be bothering me this long.

My question that I regret having to ask or do is should I take one of my Prevacid that I have left over from before surgery or just take a tums? I haven't needed it since surgery and was happy, but I don't like this burning upset feeling anymore.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

Peace,

Judy

Hey, I had a REALLY bad PB episode this morning and refused to allow myself to throw up. I survived and knew I shouldn't probably eat anything for the rest of the day. Well, when I try to drink some water or even a protein shake, I still have some upset and burning in my throat and most of all still feel pressure when it goes slowly down. I understand that there is probably alot of irritation in my esophagus(since the food tried to come up), and my pouch is probably a bit swollen, but didn't think it would still be bothering me this long.

My question that I regret having to ask or do is should I take one of my Prevacid that I have left over from before surgery or just take a tums? I haven't needed it since surgery and was happy, but I don't like this burning upset feeling anymore.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

Peace,

Judy

What does PB stand for?

Dr Romero suggested Mylanta instead of Tums. It is much more soothing and works instantly to relieve the burning feeling. I can get down the mint flavored, but not the Classic Original which is absolutely disgusting.

PB is productive burping, when food cannot pass through the stoma and must come back up. This happens when you eat too fast, you eat too much, you eat food that cannot pass through the stoma (like doughy bread) or because you have too much restriction. It is sort of 'mini-vomiting" as the food has not mixed with stomach acids yet, so it isn't as yukky as vomiting.