Needed for Post-OP

Ok, Hi, I'm new here. My name is Ty. I just got approved for the lap band surgery and my date is on June 3rd. I'm trying to get myself ready and find out from previous banders what it is that I'm going to need post-op. What should I take to the hospital? What should I have at home? What should I except? What's the pain like? And things like that. Thanks for the help in advance.

Hi Ty and welcome to lap band forum!

Congrats on making the decision to be banded.

There is so much information here on the forum. You'll get all of your questions answered!!!!

Read the posts and explore!!!!!!! I bet you will find answers to all of your questions easily!

You can even use the search feature to search certain words.

HAPPY EXPLORING!!!!!

Ok, Hi, I'm new here. My name is Ty. I just got approved for the lap band surgery and my date is on June 3rd. I'm trying to get myself ready and find out from previous banders what it is that I'm going to need post-op. What should I take to the hospital? What should I have at home? What should I except? What's the pain like? And things like that. Thanks for the help in advance.

:P WELCOME!!! and CONGRATS!!!

I bet you are sooo excited. My name is Brenda and I was banded on 5-8-08. The things you need in TJ are confortable clothes, sweats, PJ's the hotel has brothes & juice and that takes care of the food part, I took Gas-X strips and went through a box in 2-3 days. Expect to be taken care of try not to be nervous, I wrote before I have never even had surgery so I was clueless. They will take care of you, I took my husband and had it done with my best friend soooo that helped alot. The pain is all about the weird gas pains the incisions are not bad the port incision is petty tender. I am stubborn so I was up and at them within a day. Everyone including myself have asked these questions, but by reading this forum it will help tremendously. Its great to meet you and best of luck :-h

I agree...gas x strips it didn't really help me it but it does help many. I took liquid tylenol with me and that helped sooo much. Definitely stock up on water and juices for when you get back and lots of popsicles, they made me feel much better. Other than that you will be very very happy with your choice to have this life changing procedure done at the OCC. They are wonderful people and truly care. Just personal message me with any more questions! Don't be nervous everything will be better than ok.

I will be banded the day before you are. I am sure that you will find out the answers to all or most of your questions on here. I am on here every day just looking and learning from everyone elses experiences (it helps with the nerves). I look forward to meeting you in MX, hopefully I will be up and about when you get there. :rolleyes:

Heidi

Congrats on your life altering decision! It will be amazing. First of all, you should pack lightly. Maybe two outfits, very comfortable, nothing like jeans or button up stuff. Second, gas x thin strips. Third, comfy walking shoes. That's pretty much it. I mean they take care of you if you forget something, but I wouldn't worry too much about post-op items. Of course if you are having your surgery in TJ you would need your driver's license and birth certificate for everyone entering Mexico, or a passport if you have one already.

:lb11: and happy traveling!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and kind replies. I have found this forum very helpful and I hope I will be able to contiune to stay on this fourm after I tell you all that I'm not having the surgery in Mexico or by Dr. Ortiz at the OCC. I'm having the surgery done at my local hospital in upstate New York. I just wanted a forum to chat with fellow banders and this is only forum that I've found that has worked for me. I hope you all will let me stay and contiune to chat. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and kind replies. I have found this forum very helpful and I hope I will be able to contiune to stay on this fourm after I tell you all that I'm not having the surgery in Mexico or by Dr. Ortiz at the OCC. I'm having the surgery done at my local hospital in upstate New York. I just wanted a forum to chat with fellow banders and this is only forum that I've found that has worked for me. I hope you all will let me stay and contiune to chat. Thanks again.

There are alot of people who come to this forum for support and frienship that aren't banded by Dr. O. You are always welcome here! ><' Good luck with your banding and do keep in touch and updated!! Best wishes, Darlene =D>