Buuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!

On liquids, I would drink a bit, it would gurgle down (you could hear it) and then the stomach gases would bubble back up in a series of belches that Frat boys would admire.

Now that I'm on solids, the concept is the same, except that the gases in the "bottom stomach" take a lot longer to work their way up. Yesterday it actually hurt.

Is this a permanent thing that I'll just have to get used to?

Thanks!

I know!!!!

I am one month in....and OMG the gas! I put my boys to shame!! LOL!!

After lunch is the worst, as soon as I stand up the gas bubble come up and if I open my mouth, I have no control at all! LOL!!

And after dinner...it comes out the other end, all night long!

How long does this last? Am I destined to be a human ball of gas????

Cathy

I know!!!!

I am one month in....and OMG the gas! I put my boys to shame!! LOL!!

After lunch is the worst, as soon as I stand up the gas bubble come up and if I open my mouth, I have no control at all! LOL!!

And after dinner...it comes out the other end, all night long!

How long does this last? Am I destined to be a human ball of gas????

Cathy

Yes Cathy, I am afraid you ARE destined to be a human ball of gas, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As we all are!

I have tons of gas, but I don't burp as much as I used to! :o

I think that is because I am not longer drinking the diet cokes. I use to drink at least 10 a day, so I was a burping machine!!!

Yep... gas will pass from the attic AND the basement.

There is a "rumor" there will be a contest at the lapband convention for all of us as to who belches loudest and passes gas the loudest. There are three candidates who are at even money on the board at this point as far as winning.

Me too.......I can stand up with the best of ya!!

I've had some near miss situations on the job. It's funny because we have one coworker who has been known for YEARS to pass SBD's like crazy.

she is the first to admit it. We all joke about if Suzy has been around when we smell something afoul. I sort of chuckle to myself that I am covered should I happen to let one slip out because all fingers point to Suzy!!..Maybe I should ask her if she has a band that we don't know about!!

I burp during lunch and dinner - at least 5 days a week. It's only when eating. About 2 minutes after I start, I have to belch. I can't eat anymore until I do, then I can finish the rest of my meal. It's odd, but those who know me have gotten used to it. If we're out in public, I just cover my mouth with a napkin when the urge is coming, and pretend like I'm wiping my mouth. It's crazy!!

Geez I'm not even banded yet and I have the gas issues already. What is my family in for when I am banded. This is going to be interesting. DH complains about my gas now....lol he is in for it. I will have an excuse now though. "can't help it, it's the band" :wacko: :lb6: :good3:

Hugs

Trudy

Tadpole, we golfers have a saying... "Grip it and RIP it".

It seems to apply now : )

Erin.... wait until you get a fill. Make sure the kids are a safe distance away at meal times. Body armor for them would be a safe precaution.