Silly Question

Hey everyone.. do any of you know if its ok to tan? I am trying to get a bit of color before we leave on our trip. I was banded almost 3 weeks ago, and the tape/glue (whatver has held me together) is off on some of the incisions but still on others... do you think the sun(fake sun) will bother the incisions?

thanks ahead of time

jamie

Being so recent and even having tape still there- I feel that it would not tan evenly. I do not think it will harm anything- But it will also not help. Your skin is trying to heal, If you tan than it is trying to repair that damage instead????

Just my opinion.

I think i will just cover up my stomach with a towel... not going to be showing it off just yet anyways... thanks for the input guys! have a great day!!

Cover the scars before you tan...otherwise they will darken instead of lighten.

Dr. Ortiz was a Plastic Surgery resident.

He noticed a yucky dark scar where I once had a mole. I'm olive skinned and tan easily. He told me that I need to keep my scars out of the sun for at least a year or they would be the same dark, yucky color as the sploch near my knee.

I wish the dermatologist who took off the mole would have told me that....

Linda

Dr. Ortiz was a Plastic Surgery resident.

He noticed a yucky dark scar where I once had a mole. I'm olive skinned and tan easily. He told me that I need to keep my scars out of the sun for at least a year or they would be the same dark, yucky color as the sploch near my knee.

I wish the dermatologist who took off the mole would have told me that....

Linda

Did he mention anything we should be doing to reduce the scars? The incisions are fully healed for me, and I am wondering if I should be rubbing vitamin e or something on them to help them fade a bit.

Taz

Did he mention anything we should be doing to reduce the scars? The incisions are fully healed for me, and I am wondering if I should be rubbing vitamin e or something on them to help them fade a bit.

Taz

I am using Vit E and there is another product Cathy suggested but haven't used yet, and it also works on old scars as well. I have it home and will look it up and post.

Jude =)

Hi Taz,

OK...like Dana says, Maderma is the other med. It's a small gel tube and apply a THIN layer and it dries within a minute. It's cool and has a nice "fresh" scent.

Starting today, I am going to use both the Vit E and Maderma, alternately, through out the day. You can use Maderma 3 - 4 times a day. So, in between I will use the Vit E.

Hope this helps you!