Anyone ever not had a fill or only one?

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any bandsters out there that have not ever had a fill, or only one? I have not been that hungry even for soups, I do need to remind myself to drink enough liquids. I am not sure I will need to schedule my first fill in 8 weeks. I know alot of bandsters schedule their first fills the day after surgery for 6-8 weeks out. Do I need to do this, or could I wait until that time to see if my weight isn't coming off or if I am able to eat more than one third of my previous portions?

Thanks,

Firecracker

Firecracker

I have had two fills but I only have 1.4 cc's in my band. I had 1.9 cc's after my second fill but ended up having .5 cc's removed because it was too tight. I might go for another fill in January. I do not know. I have decent restriction still but my weight loss is super slow, only about 2 pounds a month now. I might need to add more exercise and I am thinking about seeing a nutritionists to evaluate my diet.

I do not know when your surgery was but I did not start feeling hungry after surgery until the end of week two. But, by the end of the 6 weeks, I could eat without restriction.

I do not know why I have restriction with less than 2 cc's in my band. I have the 10 CM/4cc band. Everyone's band experience is going to be as different and as unique as they are. There is no one size fits all for lap band restriction.

Sorry I can not be of more help as to when you should schedule a fill. I was addressing more your question about no fill/one fill. I have lost half the weight that I need to lose with 1.4cc's in my band.

Dawn

That was going to be my question as well - when were you banded? It took me a while as well before I really felt like I wanted to eat much. I still only eat about 1/3 what I used to and stay content, but let me tell ya the hunger will come back!

I have only had one fill (in the early summer) and I have lost 40 pounds so far (another 10-15 to go) and I haven't booked my next fill yet. I eat 1/3-1/2 of what I ate before and I still have problems with pb'ing unless I am careful, especially around the TOM. I am not a big exerciser and I think rather than another fill I will just have to start going to the gym to lose the rest of my weight.

That was going to be my question as well - when were you banded? It took me a while as well before I really felt like I wanted to eat much. I still only eat about 1/3 what I used to and stay content, but let me tell ya the hunger will come back!

I was banded 12/3. I wasn't able to drink or eat very much. Now that a couple of day's have past, and I am able to eat, I will probably schedule a fill. I am going to start excercising soon also. Thanks for the info.

Firecracker