So how do they figure out who has surgery first?

I was last...and the last to arrive. They said they would pick me up at the hotel at 7 am...they picked me up at 7:20 am - everyone else was there already.

I think it is first come first serve lol

They didn't make you draw straws????

They made us draw straws and the person with the shortest one went last!!!

ONE OF THE GAL'S, IT WAS HER B DAY SO SHE GOT TO GO FIRST, I JUST WHINED, AND WHINED AND WOULDN'T STAY IN MY ROOM SO COULD GO NEXT LOL

I figured I woold be last due to extra medical conditions....and I was.

I asked the day before, how do they decide who goes in what order. I was told the doctors meet in the morning, go over charts and decide then.

I was last and was biting my nails all stinking day waiting my turn. I had no medical conditions, I think some people just have to be last. LOL

Shoot, I was 2nd... I got it done at a local hospital here in Fort Worth Texas.... I got there at 5am... and They started putting the sleepy medicine in at uh 7ish... Last thing I remember the anestisiologist (sp?) came in and said that they just finished the first patient and he needed to start me on the medicine that completly knocks you out... I remember him putting it into the IV and looking at my boyfriend at the time to tell him I loved him, lol I dont even think I got past the word "I" lol cause when i came out my boyfriend now Fiancee asked me what I was trying to say to him... But he beat me to it.

even though I was last - my friend and I had fun....we laughed pretty hard at the sexy little underwear they give you lol

and just watched the cute doctors/staff that were about lol

luck LOL...they came to just under my boobs - sexytime....we had a good laugh at that and the stockings :) I asked the nurse if it was a prerequsite (sp?) for the men to be good looking to work there, or if it was just to make us feel uncomfortable because of how just un sexy you are in your undies, stockings and gown

I requested to go first when I schedueled my surgery. I also planned on going back to the hotel right after so I asked for a semi private room and saved a couple hundred bucks. (no need for a tv when you come and go so fast). Again I had to arrange all that when I first made my appointment.

I was to be banded on Th, Oct 9 but when in on W, Oct 8 for the rushed preop procedures and was asked if it was ok to do the surgery right now. I said, "um, sure", Dr.Miranda said ok, we can do this in about 30 minutes. I wasn't 'mentally' prepared but a minute later, went back to the lounge area, with my luggage, and told hubby, and within 5 min, Dr. So was ushering me in and had my surgery and out of recovery by 1130a and I was the last person. There were 6 or 7 people ahead of me who had surgery already, I was told. FAST, is all I can say for my whirlwind experience!

I requested to go first when I schedueled my surgery. I also planned on going back to the hotel right after so I asked for a semi private room and saved a couple hundred bucks. (no need for a tv when you come and go so fast). Again I had to arrange all that when I first made my appointment.

Wow, I didn't know you could do that. I would have requested to be first, because I want to be released to go back to the hotel, because my mom won't go back to the hotel by herself, and then I want to leave the next day. Should I email them to see if that's possible, or is it too late to request this?

Wow, I didn't know you could do that. I would have requested to be first, because I want to be released to go back to the hotel, because my mom won't go back to the hotel by herself, and then I want to leave the next day. Should I email them to see if that's possible, or is it too late to request this?

I have to say the hospital bed was most comfortable (with the adjustments) and the next morning when they release you they give you a nausea and pain shot which makes post op day 2 Much easier!!! Don't be too anxious to go to the hotel.

Cindy