First Fill Blues...

I was banded almost 8 weeks ago, and just had my first fill. I'm VERY upset that I still feel no restriction and only once have had anything "get stuck" while eating. I'm very worried that the band is not going to work for me. Aren't I supposed to feel full after eating a half to 1 cup of food? I keep waiting to get that "full" feeling and it doesn't come. What am I doing wrong???

Hey Kate,

Slow down!! We have all been there, anxious for this to work. Few people feel great restriction after the first fill. Wait a week or two then get another fill. Between now and then just try your hardest to exercise and eat healthfully. Losing weight permanently takes a long time, just as gaining it did. So don't stress! You are only 2 months into this. Once you hit great restriction and are working out, it will start working for you!

Karen

Hi Kate,

Sometimes it takes a week or two for your restriction to kick in after a fill. Also, for most people, it takes a couple of fills or more to hit your sweet spot.

Good luck,

Denise

It always takes me around a week to feel my fill kick in. 2cc's is a good fill and you should be able to feel it soon. Give it some time! Big hugs!

I was banded almost 8 weeks ago, and just had my first fill. I'm VERY upset that I still feel no restriction and only once have had anything "get stuck" while eating. I'm very worried that the band is not going to work for me. Aren't I supposed to feel full after eating a half to 1 cup of food? I keep waiting to get that "full" feeling and it doesn't come. What am I doing wrong???

i had 2cc's put in for my first fill and nothing as well. For my second fill, I had .8cc's more....and a whole new world!! You'll probably have to wait for your second fill to feel any decent restriction.