Surgery did not prepare me for this..

So lately I've been having pains in my right abdomen and after days of testing, it was determined to be my gall bladder. My family has a history of gb problems and my doctor said it was functioning at 4%. Normal gb's function at 35% - ergo, it was time to take it out. I had my surgery on Friday and it was done laproscopically like the LapBand, so I thought I'd handle it as well as I handled that surgery. OMG. The pain is infinitely worse. I feel like I've been in multiple car accidents all while being stabbed in the stomach repeatedly. During my LapBand surgery, I was up and walking as soon as the anesthesia wore off, I had minimal gas pain, and felt great. Right now I feel like an old woman, the gas pain is endless, and I need help doing EVERYTHING, including going to the bathroom. I feel like an invalid. In addition to my LapBand scars (which you can barely see anymore) I now have 4 more scars - 3 across the right side of my abdomen and 1 in my bellybutton. The doctor said it would take at least a week before I felt like myself, so I have a feeling this will be a very long week..

oh that sucks!

yah - Im a stabbed zebra from my lapband, c-sections, gallbladder and BR scars and stretchmarks. My gallbladder pain was the worst pain IVe experienced in my life. They waited too long as well - kept just sending me home with pain killers so my gallbladder "fell apart" and became gangreous (not sure how to spell) - worst experience ever!

Alana,

I'm so sorry, Dr Ortiz is so fast with our surgery and we are under for such a short while that his pts normally come out of surgery much better than even others who get the band and defiantly better than other surgeries.

One quick question - I know you have a family history with gall bladder issues - however could the weight loss have anything to do with it as well?

Thanks and hope you start feeling better soon!

Lisa

I too had to have my gall bladder removed. I had that surgery prior to the lapband surgery. I was also admitted to the hospital for three days though. The pain from the gall bladder was the worst ever experienced. I don't remember being in pain too much after the surgery but again I was hospitalized and on narcotics :-).

I hope you feel better soon!

ALANA!!!! So thats what happened to you! I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I have hear from others that it is a painful surgery. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. And I would certainly take this opportunity to let everyone take care of you for a while. Just relax, rest and take good care of yourself. I miss you on here!!